maanantai 4. huhtikuuta 2011

Right here, right now!

Ok, so now we have a tank full of water, sand, gear, flora and fauna. Nothing has died, and the plants seem to grow slowly but steadily. The fish have been enjoying their stay for a few weeks now, and have shown no signs of poisoning of any sort. I also installed the Tunze diffuser, and modded it a bit with the small powerhead I had running the CO2 duties before.

I added a bit of Hydrocotyle leucocephala and Hygrophila difformis to the tank, the latter resides in the left corner, and the former sits in the middle and right hand side. I also added a school of 12 Gymnocorymbus ternetzi and another juvenile Crossocheilus siamensis to the mix. The fish quota for the tank is quite full for now, so no new additions are planned. The Botia kubotai have been exploring the tank, but have been a bit shy. Hopefully the addition of a school of fish will encourage them to be even more visible, as they use other fish as an indicator whether it's safe to show their loachy faces around. The Kuhlii loaches really come out only when it's dark, but I'm hoping that they'll gain some courage too. They've set up camp under a drifwood on the right hand side of the tank while the Kubotai favor the left side.

I had to scrape a bit of brownish algae from the front glass, but so far I've been able to keep the dreaded algae infestation at bay. There's a bit of the same stuff on the rear glass, which I'll clean when it's time for the next water change. I've also trimmed the plants a bit here and there, so that I'll get bushier growth to fill the space better.


The Lilaeopsis brasiliensis show small signs of growth, so I'm hoping I might fair better with it this time. I've still haven't been able to source the Blyxa japonica I crave, but I'm certain some will fall into my tank in the near future.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti